Latest

latest

Body Bags Threat: More trouble for El-Rufai as petition seeking UK, EU to ban him hits 7000 signatures

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

/ by Bobby Adams


More trouble for Nasir El-Rufai, the governor of Kaduna State, as over 7,000 people have signed a petition calling on the United Kingdom and the European Union to emulate the United States government in banning the governor from access to their countries. 


The Kaduna State Governor who promised the foreign election observers with body bags death threat should they interfare with the 2019 general elections, was among top affected politicians who were banned by the United States government from travelling into the country over electoral violence and other related offences on Monday. 


The petition, which was initiated by a former Presidential aide to Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri, on Tuesday, was addressed to the UK Parliament, the UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson; Council of the European Union and the European Parliament.


Omokri, who initiated the petition, accused el- Rufai of being a threat to the peace and security of Nigeria for many reasons.


He noted that on December 3, 2016, the governor admitted that he paid herdsmen who had been accused of killing several persons.


“Since that admission, there has been an intense escalation of the killings of mostly Christians in Kaduna, and on August 25, 2020, suspected herdsmen abducted seven schoolchildren and their teacher from Prince Academy, in Kaduna. They have not been seen or heard of since then,” Omokri said.


Omokri, who was a social media aide to former President Goodluck Jonathan, said el- Rufai on January 27, 2013, insulted Jesus Christ on Twitter


The petition further read, “On February 6, 2019, he threatened foreign observers, including observers from the EU and UK with death, warning that they would return in body bags should they intervene in Nigeria.


“On July 15, 2012, Nasir El - Rufai said, and I quote ‘We will write this for all to read. Anyone, soldier or not that kills the Fulani takes a loan repayable one day no matter how long it takes.’ This threat has been carried out in Southern Kaduna where there is an ongoing genocide of Christians under el - Rufai’s watch.”


Omokri said on August 23, 2019, the governor charged the Anglican Bishop of Zaria province of Kaduna, Abiodun Ogunyemi, for defamation.


“On April 24, 2019, another of his sons, Bashir el- Rufai, described the pogrom against Igbos as sweet.


“It is for this reason that Nigerian citizens call on the government of the United Kingdom and the European Union Presidency to follow the lead of the United States and place a visa ban on Nasir El - Rufai, who is scheming to become Nigeria’s President, to prevent a Rwandan style genocide in Nigeria,” he said.


Attempts to get a response from the governor’s office proved abortive as his Spokesman, Mr. Muyiwa Adekeye, rejected calls and had yet to respond to a text message as of the time of filing this report.


Get the news fast and easy. Join our Telegram Channel below.
=>Join Channel
Don't Miss

Copyright © 2016. All rights reserved. By Venato Media.